The Beach Cottage at Seasons in Malibu began with the idea we could create a Malibu behavioral health center that not only helped people addressing mental health but actually improved the state of treatment resources for everyone. We wanted to create a place where we could bring together the best minds and interventions to create something new, better, and at the leading edge of the field. In this we have succeeded.
The Beach Cottage has been full or near full since its inception, taking people in from across North America and the rest of the world. We help them and their families address, understand and manage mental health disorders.
We approach mental health as an opportunity for change, a time to start new and we are both optimistic and pragmatic in our approach. We see success every day and that is just the truth of our program—it works—and it will continue to work, as long as the client embraces it and allows us to deliver superior clinical care.
We are conducting studies of outcome, creating new tools to assess families, patients and their aftercare, and we are synthesizing the latest understanding of systems and cognitive science into the treatment of mental health.
At our Malibu, California mental health beach cottage, we are committed to serving our local communities, outreaching to families and integrating our outside mental health partners such as NAMI.
Our goal is providing clients the highest level of treatment. We take our responsibility to serve the mental health community very seriously and give thorough and careful consideration in creating a path towards the most productive future.
If You Are Ready For Help Please Call Now
We are highly credentialed, highly skilled and unwaveringly committed to providing a clinically rigorous program. The following is a list of services that clients can expect from our mental health program:
- Comprehensive initial assessment that includes, but is not limited to meticulous examination of mental health pre-cursors, family history, trauma, developmental impacts and symptomatology
- Intervention and integration of the Family System with assessment and treatment recommendations
- Individually assigned Primary Psychologists with expertise in client symptoms
- Couples and Family Therapy through education, process work and Experiential Family Therapy
- Medical assessment and strong medical management of any and all medical issues
- Psychiatric assessment, metabolic testing and treatment of any additional co-occurring disorders
- Assessment for and treatment of trauma with specific trauma-related interventions
- Individual access to Dialectical Behavior Treatment, EMDR, Brainspotting and other evidence based successful treatment modalities that our assessments indicate are appropriate
- Recreational therapies and modalities incorporated to elevate client interaction with nature and the environment.
- Access to peer communities and outside support groups
Our research and that of many treatment professionals shows us that there are many activities of life that are useful in the healing of the body and the brain; with this in mind we offer many interesting and creative activities, such as:
- Meditation and yoga
- Expressive arts therapy
- Creative writing and journaling
- Fitness training
- Culinary arts
- Nutrition counseling
- Ocean adventure including surfing, swimming and kayaking
- Adventure and wilderness therapy including mountain climbing
- Academic and vocational support
We are routinely adding to and adjusting the list of activities to challenge and motivate our clients at our luxury Malibu mental health treatment center.
We take the trust you give us very seriously and the challenge of mental health is one to respect and give careful, intelligent responses. We put our entire focus on making sure this is done as well as it can be done. We invite you to participate in this success with us.
The Beach Cottage at Seasons in Malibu is licensed by the California Department of Social Services, Certified by the Department of Health Care Services and Accredited by CARF International Organization.
If you or a loved one needs mental health resources, please call one of our caring, admissions counselors now for a free, no-obligation and confidential conversation about how The Beach Cottage at Seasons in Malibu can help.
Let’s Talk 424-235-2009