What to Expect From Treatment
At The Cottage at Seasons in Malibu, the healing process begins the moment you arrive at our treatment center. Clients immediately undergo a medical assessment to determine the method appropriate for him or her. At The Cottage, we believe in the principle of “individualized treatment,” so the first thing we do is establish the right medication and therapy for each patient through an assessment process.
Patients are then reassessed every week and their treatment plan is modified according to their progress. Each of our clients is constantly and carefully monitored so any problems are addressed immediately as they appear.
A broad outline of treatment includes:
- Independent medical assessment and medical management
- Assessment and diagnosis of the individual
- Assessment and diagnosis of the family
- Restorative therapies such as acupuncture and massage
- Trauma assessment and trauma related therapies
- Relapse prevention training and basic neurobiology education
- Four systemic treatment projects including a body map, genogram, timeline and exit plan
- Individual psychotherapy
- Family System Intervention, assessment and recommendation for treatment
- Systemic Family Treatment including education, process and experiential components
- Introduction to and support for recovery community
- Presentation of readiness to leave treatment to the staff and other clients
- Graduation presentation
- Follow ups on aftercare planning
- Returns to campus post treatment for alumni events quarterly
- Weekly alumni conference phone calls
- Opportunities to intern and volunteer at the main campus or from home
A masters level Case Manager, personally assigned to each client, individually manages the client’s treatment program and is responsible for the execution of each of the components of the treatment plan.
Seasons in Malibu is in the business of saving lives; whether you are a student, a CEO, a parent or a celebrity, you are welcome at our California treatment center and your healing will be cared for with the utmost discretion. Seasons promotes a diverse culture within our facilities because of the diverse population within each of them. People from all walks of life are welcome to grab a piece of the hope that we offer all those who have found the challenges of life a little too overwhelming. Let us help you change your life for the better at The Cottage.
If you or a loved one needs mental health resources, please call one of our caring, admissions counselors now for a free, no-obligation and confidential conversation about how The Beach Cottage at Seasons in Malibu can help.
Let’s Talk 855-869-5332