Mental Health Education Annual Scholarship
Seasons, a mental health treatment center, specializing in the treatment of mental health disorders is seeking to award $1,500 in scholarships to students enrolled in studies dealing with the subject of mental health.
A mental health disorder can be the result of biological, environmental, or a combination of the both factors. The treatment of such disorders can be multi-faceted, incorporating western and eastern medicine techniques and traditions.
Mental health care can be given to treat the symptoms of a disorder or be used as a preventative for the promotion of a well-balanced state of mind.
Questions to be answered in your Essay/Application
- What are the differences in the methodologies of mental health treatment between Eastern and Western medicine traditions?
- What are good examples of using these treatments synergistically in providing quality mental health care?
- Are there other modes of treatment outside of western and eastern medicine traditions that can also be of value in providing mental health care?
- What practices can be incorporated in one’s life to promote better states of mental health?
- Are there any determinants which have been shown to lead to better states of mental health? What are some these factors?
- Can society play a role in promoting positive states of mental health for its citizen’s? How so?
- 2021 Mental Health Education Annual Scholarship (Round 1) The scholarship prize was awarded to Adanna A Onwuka.
- 2020 Mental Health Education Annual Scholarship (Round 2) The scholarship prize was awarded to Frank Heightchew-Howard.
- 2020 Mental Health Education Annual Scholarship (Round 1) The scholarship prize was awarded to Massa Sammah.
- 2019 Mental Health Education Annual Scholarship The scholarship prize was awarded to Angel Jacob Garcia.
Thank you all for participating, and sharing your personal stories with us.
by Miriam D. Andres
This essay goes over a new approach to both Western and Eastern methods for improving mental health. The new approach is through Neurodynamic Breathwork, a method invented by Michael Stone. This method has been shown to improve mental health without using medications, therapy, or other external influences only ones own breath. This method can get to the core of ones own mental heath problems and past traumas helping the person understand the root of their own mental health issues.
by Fabiola Hernandez
I would like to share my story and experiences with mental health. Especially being a first time generation full time college student, working part-time and the oldest sister. I would like to also thank you if you read my story and see what it takes for me to get up everyday and look forwards to keeping my head up and never giving up.