We all have responsibilities requiring energy, time and personal commitment that may create stress. Stress can cause symptoms such as depression, anxiety, restlessness, hypervigilance and anger. Whether the root cause of stress is your job, your family, your environment or yourself, we need tools to understand how to better manage such stressors. Stress can cause negative impacts, both physical and mentally. Seasons in Malibu is committed to improving your response to those stressors through a variety of evidence-based and holistic interventions, geared toward addressing your specific needs throughout your stay.
Effects of Too Much Stress
- Prolonged periods of poor sleep
- Regular, severe headaches
- Unexplained weight loss or gain
- Feelings of isolation, withdrawal or worthlessness
- Constant anger and irritability
- Loss of interest in activities
- Constant worrying or obsessive thinking
- Excessive alcohol or drug use
- Inability to concentrate
How to Manage Stress
- Integrate therapy: Incorporating therapy can be an adaptive way to facilitate reducing those stress-related responses and formulate new ways to manage.
- Exercise: Offers a way for your body to expel that pent-up energy and invite natural endorphins and self-regulating chemicals into your system.
- Limit or extinguish substances: It is no secret that substances can contribute to increased stress symptoms, particularly anxiety and depression.
- Practice mindfulness: Relaxation techniques activate a state of restfulness that counterbalances your body’s fight-or-flight hormones. Consider taking a mindfulness-based stress reduction course to learn effective, lasting tools.
- Increased sleep: Improved sleep can make a significant improvement in managing stress.
If you or a loved one needs treatment for stressors, please call one of our caring, admissions counselors now for a free, no-obligation and confidential conversation about how The Beach Cottage at Seasons in Malibu can help.
Let’s Talk 855-869-5332