Mental Health Education Annual Scholarship 2020
Seasons, a mental health treatment center, specializing in the treatment of mental health disorders is seeking to award $1,500 in scholarships to students enrolled in studies dealing with the subject of mental health.
A mental health disorder can be the result of biological, environmental, or a combination of the both factors. The treatment of such disorders can be multi-faceted, incorporating western and eastern medicine techniques and traditions.
Mental health care can be given to treat the symptoms of a disorder or be used as a preventative for the promotion of a well-balanced state of mind.
Questions to be answered in your Essay/Application
- What are the differences in the methodologies of mental health treatment between Eastern and Western medicine traditions?
- What are good examples of using these treatments synergistically in providing quality mental health care?
- Are there other modes of treatment outside of western and eastern medicine traditions that can also be of value in providing mental health care?
- What practices can be incorporated in one’s life to promote better states of mental health?
- Are there any determinants which have been shown to lead to better states of mental health? What are some these factors?
- Can society play a role in promoting positive states of mental health for its citizen’s? How so?